Monday, February 07, 2005

High Heels

I don't know since when I started feeling uncomfortable wearing high heels. For my height I used to be insecure without ones. Especially back there in my country when people do not need to walk as much as here in Japan, I never wear sneakers. Last year I remember I still wear boots often even for going to school just for regular classes. But now, especially today I just come to think of how much I hate high heels.

I hate high heels because I feel pretty uncomfortable with one, but comfortably unpretty without one (I don't know which one to choose!). BTW, I wonder how men think about women wearing high heels.... Lots of woman clothes are designed compatible for high heels, for example, mini skirts will look 'killing' with a sling-back or a stilletto. But wearing them, will kill your back when you have to walk half kilometer just to change the line in the subway.

Anyway, last Monday was a bad day for me, but it was worse because I was wearing boots with 5cm heels. First kilometer in the morning I was still okay, although I was thinking already it must have been a beautiful freshy morning, had I just wear my sneakers instead. I was planning to go directly home after half day lecture at the National Tax Agency (that's why I had to wear formal that day, gosh I cannot imagine going to work everyday with formal dress and shoes anymore now!). But, it turned out that I have to walk a lot after the class, picking up books, looking out several places for lunch and look around for ATM coz I just ran out of cash after my stringent lunch. Poor me I already imagined a dessert just to release myself from the boots torture.

A long awaited call did cheer me up a bit during lunch. But it was only after I got home that I really enjoyed being freed from the high-heel-syndrome. Suddenly the day was felt much better, the books were a big help, and the call was felt as the most relaxing casual conversation as I rewind my thought for that day.

Heels however is a must worn formal fashion items for women, at least it will still be for the next two decade I guess (God, I hate the person who invent this fashion!). So, I better prepare myself, for my formal office work will start soon. But somehow I'm still thinking maybe we can invent something else, how to look good without high heels...hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment