Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bad Morning Day

Yesterday I was so eager to write a post about the incident I experienced in the morning of that day. Then I got so busy at the office that I didn't have really time to sit and write (for a blog post).

I have been jogging every-working-day morning now. I started it last week, and although I got a terrible stomachache (that I had to be taken home by my friend from the office after an almost 4 hours of throwing up everything I was trying to swallow), I still go on with the morning jogging (I am in fact rather proud of myself about this, considering I'm not so crazy about sporting).

So, yesterday was the 3rd jog I had, and I was enthusiastic by the fact that I wasn't arguing with myself whether or not I should jog that day. I took the opposite direction from the previous route (Actually, I just run a square-shaped track of road circling thef block where the house I live located on), but there was nothing special about it. Although there were only few people who should have already waken up by that time in the morning, yesterday some men were sitting and talking by the side of the road (which is not so uncommon here). I was having a dag-dig-dug (slightly faster heartbeat that you can feel) when approaching these bunch of (from afar looked like middle aged) men. And when I just passed them for a second, and almost felt relieved, one of them just shouted: "hey little sister, be careful, don't leave your butt behind". Agghhh I was so pissed off ... and disappointed that my fear was true. At home I checked if my jogging pants were too tight or seen through, but they were fine (I hate it when I realized that I almost blamed myself for looking for such trouble!)

Some people whom I told the story did not react the way I expected. Most of them think that it was just a bad joke and told me not to think about it too seriously. Somebody (from whom I was trying to look for some comfort) even said something like: it's because you're attractive, gosh...I hate him for the moment when he said that. I want to believe that he meant only compliment, but it could also sound like another kind of male-to-female offense.

I think when people start to think that kind of incident is not more serious than a joke (in Japan I could earn a million yen out if this), then we may have a serious problem with our society, or there just nobody care anymore?

PS. This morning I just felt lazy to get up early and run, but tomorrow I will start again and not let myself beaten by such bad joke.

2 comments:

  1. hi yogi...miss you so much too. today is my birthday - january 17. and i remember last year, you and mei and barno greeted me at midnight. i had so much fun with all of you, guys and there have been some days when i feel like crying because i miss my former life a bit. i miss the fun and everything. i hope you are just okay there. do not hesitate to tell me things that you want to pour out. it's okay. i'll try to understand. just take care and tell everybody i miss all of you a lot: adit, mei, jerry, auqie, ali, pingky, imron, jul, bagus, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gomennasai......shikataganai

    ReplyDelete