Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hairstyle of a Decade

I'm writing this because I just had my hair cut, back to this style after a several months of trying the buzz of the bob (still with some layers though). I realize I'm always obsessed with novelty. My music taste, my passion for fashion, it's so obvious. So what is it with this style that I've been keeping for more than a decade, in various length, with or without bangs, straightened or wavy, but still the same basic cut.

First I had it when I was in my sophomore year, and it was like a breakthrough for me and apparently for my then surrounding. I remember a boyfriend of one of my girl-friends told her to have her hair cut like mine. It killed me then, feeling as if I were some kind of trend-setter or something (ego3x! ... how my consciousness level was back then I could not clearly recall now).

It may be because it's the most suitable style for the texture of my hair, which is straight-to-wavy with tidiness always its ultimate challenge. This style allows me to become "stylishly" untidy. My beloved auntie used to hate it so much every time I just had my hair cut shaggy short. She said it's like some chickens had just walked over my head or something (in Javanese it somewhat makes sense). Nevertheless I always come back to this style, while at the beginning I thought it was just a short term hype, like most trends in fashion or other beauty style I've encountered.

The epiphany is, now I'm positive I can be loyal if I just find the right one*. Just give me the right style and a certain level of compatibility, with different flavors can be tried every now and then, then I can definitely stick to the end.

*Obviously I wasn't just talking about hairstyle :-P

2 comments:

  1. yep, once we find the basic cut that we are comfortable with, usually it will stay long enough with us.
    And about the loyalty, you know it when you feel it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, kalau gue bisa liat foto rambut barunya skarang, mungkin aku juga akan bilang istriku utk ngikutin potongan rambut the trend-setter, tentu saja dg sedikit dicat warna pirang kemerahan heheheh

    ReplyDelete