Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Heart of the Matter

"I'm learning to live without you now
But I miss you sometimes
The more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I knew
I'm learning again
I've been trying to get down
To the heart of the matter
But my will gets weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it's about
Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Even if, Even if you don't love me anymore"

Those are the rhythm I've been humming for days now, particularly the 2 last lines :-P. And I was startled when I found that the song was originally by Don Henley. How can a guy sing my heart out so truly. Anyway, I like India Arie's version obviously, but I am certainly smiling on the fact that guys can actually get to sing those words too. Bravo!!

I am so gonna sing this out in my room

6 comments:

  1. Heiii.. I love this song as well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously Jeng, it's typical song for us (hihi, or just me?). India Arie said first time she heard this she wanted to record it right away cuz it was exactly saying how she felt. No wonder she's like singing from her heart, even Don Henley himself likes this version better (how can I get to know all this stuff haha). The wonder for me is that Don Henley wrote this and he's a man! So some men apparently do have hearts ya:-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. lho iki laguku fav ku buat genjrengan kok di pasang ..., heheh aku ada yang versi live nya ..., salam
    WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was, duwe to chord-e? Aku seneng lirike, menyuarakan kata hatiku sekali hihi teteup ;-) Thanks for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi yogi...seems like a sentimental song. how's lovelife? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm, rabu raibu wa ma ma, hehe japanese english wa omoshiroi desu ne?

    ReplyDelete