Thursday, August 07, 2008

I finally found the one

My perfect pair of glasses hihi ... I finally found it ;-)

Referring to the metaphor my friend quoted from a J-Dorama she is watching, Taxi vs True Love, I can also say that finding your true love is like finding a well-fitted pair of glasses. I have also written my comparison between true love and jacket before, here. See, I have a tendency to compare everything with love quest, a pathetic romantic of me.

Like my friend said, to find a true love, wait for a taxi, or search for an ideal pair of glasses, you need to be in the right place. I found my glasses in an old optical shop called J Boellard at Cikini, to which my doctor referred as an "accurate" glass-maker (is there a specific term for this?). She specifically warned me not to try Mangdu*, which I couldn't agree more, since I've wasted 5 pairs of Mangdu's glasses before (I used to be a Mangdu enthusiast;-p). Moral of the story is, don't try to find a prospective love in Mangdu hehehe, jk.

In any case, you need to assess first the type of stuffs, or men (now I sound like a desperate man-hunter or what;-p), you like to find, and then search for them in appropriate places. For my glasses, I didn't have any clue what type of glasses would be suitable to my face, so I just tried all that I found interesting in the shop, considering anything there would be technically viable. Now, unfortunately I can't do that with men, can I? But at least now I know I should stop hoping for an accidental meet-cute** in my daily angkot and mikrolet*** trips, hihihi ;-)


Apologize for too many stars:

* Shortened from "Mangga Dua", it's a famous shopping center, in which you can find anything at bargained price
** A term I found in "Holiday" the movie, for which you can find the meaning here
*** A share taxi similar to jeepney in the Philippines, but not that iconic

4 comments:

  1. hey, congrats for finding the pair ya... you know it when you feel it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saya sangat menikmati tulisan Mbak Yogi.. Memangnya tinggal di Jkt? Saya sekarang sih nomaden, 4 hari di Jkt, 3 hari di Sby.... Kapan kita ketemu, main gitar lagi ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pak Son, hontouni arigatou, I'm so flattered. Iya saya kangen banget bisa manggung bareng lagi. Di Jakarta siapa yang mau nonton kita ya hehe mungkin kapan2 bisa jam session (taelah) sambil ngopi2 sama temen2 yang lain, dou? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great... Lo kita masih sering kumpul2 kok.. Mbak Siti Jahroh, Mas Sumbogo, Mas Udrekh.. ,masih sering kumpul2.. Kita juga membuat milis ex PIEF... Mau ikutan?

    ReplyDelete